Central Hindu Girls School (CHGS), an integral part of BHU, is one of the oldest premier institutions of girl's education in the city.
It epitomizes the exalted vision and ideas of its founder Mrs. Annie Besant since its inception in 1904, as Kanya Vidyalaya.
Set in the heart of the city, spread over a sprawling and beautiful campus, the institution is religiously performing its duty of synthesizing the ideals of Mahamana and Mrs. Annie Besant of providing qualitative girl's education as well as preserving and spreading national culture and heritage
As they believe in "Golden study in a muddy house is better than a muddy study in a golden house" alike we are having standard education,
but with the best infrastructure. For the past over 100 years the schools has been imbibing deep rooted values for individualistic growth of children to prepare them to be democratic, responsible, dutiful and honest citizens.
The school is presently imparting the education from Nursery classes to the Higher Secondary classes
Our college is having two campuses. Nursery and Primary Section is held in the campus of Kolhua & Secondary and Higher Secondary classes are held in campus of Kamachha Varanasi.