Special Assistance Program (DRS Level II) of UGC
Thrust Area : Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Please click here for Proceedings of the National Workshop on Role of Higher Education in the Development of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship in India (18-19 March 2016)
After completion of the 5-year period of Phase 1 of the SAP in the Department, the achievements and activities were reviewed by an Expert Committee.
The Committee after a very careful and critical in-depth examination of the academic achievements made by the department during the period as well as discussing various aspects of implmentation of the program with the department representatvies, submitted its recommendations to the UGC.
On the basis of the recommendations of the Review Committee, the University Grants Commission has approved the upgradation of the program to DRS Phase II for a duration of 5 years.
The Special Assistance Program of DRS Level 1 was sanctioned to the Faculty by the University Grants Commission in the year 2008. The thrust area of the programme was Social Entrepreneurship in India. Under this programme several innovative initiatives had been taken up to spread awareness on Social Entrepreneurship among the younger generations and budding managers. The centre had also taken up research, course designing and curriculum development projects in the area of Social Entrepreneurship.
Important Activities under SAP - DRS Level I :
- UTTHAN 2012 - Social Business Plan Competition & National Workshop on Social Business Lab @ B-Schools (January 6 & 7, 2012) organized jointly with ICICI Foundation
- Formation of SEVAARTH for serving humanity - Social Club of Management Students of FMS, BHU.
- Organized Blanket Distribution to the poor patients admitted in the SS Hospital on the eve of Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya's Birth Anniversary.
- Conducted visit to the various Social Enterprises and organized interactions with reputed Social Entrepreneurs, TATA Jagriti Yatra Team etc.
- Celebrated Joy of the Giving Week 2010 by organizing Blood donation Camp and Vastrasamman
- UTTHAN 2011 - Social Business Plan Competiton.
- Conference on Inclusive Growth and Microfinance Access CIGMA 2011(29-30, January 2011) (Joint initiative)
- National Workshop on Social Entrepreneurship at Business Scholls (20 February 2010)
- National Seminar on Social Entrepreneurship in India (1 March 2009)