The Faculty has strong linkages with the Corporate world. Senior executives from the industry have always been part of various academic events organized by the Faculty viz. Year long lecture series, Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Brain Storming Sessions, FDPs and MDPs. We also have received enriching suggestions and support from experts in the process of curriculum revision.
Practical Training, Dissertation & Final Placement
Every student is required to undergo a mandatory eight-week summer training in a business/ Industry organization as an integral part of their III Semester Course curriculum. This internship connects the campus with the corporate world, providing our students good exposure to real life business operations. Through summer internship programs, the Faculty has been able to connect with large number of organizations. Dissertaion and live projects further strengthen these tie-ups.
Campus Placement is another important area of corporate linkage. Several reputed public and private sector organizations have been participating in our campus placement program. They include the Reserve Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Coal India Ltd, DHL Express, Pantaloons, Infosys, FINO, Bank of India, Dena Bank, Indogulf, iCRM, IDBI Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, Ansal API, NCMSL, Axis Bank, Visa Steel, Vizag Steel, UCO Bank, Stag International, Writer Corporation, to name a few.
The Faculty has produced over 4000 managers since its inception. Its large alumni network is spread across diverse sectors and industries in the country and across the globe. They all are part of a common forum called BHUMAA (BHU Management Alumni Association) which regularly organises meets and get-togethers for its members.
- Allahabad Bank Professorial Chair
- Faculty members serving in the Director Board of reputed PSUs. (Prof. Usha Kiran Rai has, recently, been appointed as Part-Time Non-Official Director on the Board of India tourism Development Corporatio Ltd (ITDC) (w.e.f.10 December 2013) & Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd.(22 October 2013)
- Empanelled as Training Institute for conducting National Training Programs for Franchisee and C&D employees of PVVNL (collaboration with Rural Electrification Corporation, Ministry of Power)
- Conducts Faculty Development Program under NIMAT Project of Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Human Resource Development for capacity building to foster entrepreneurship among students of technical institutions (for faculty members of technical institutions)
- Collaborated with ICICI Prulife to conduct One year PG Diploma in Management and Insurance
- Conducted in house training programs/ MDPs for several organizations including, NTPC, UPRVUNL (Anpara Thermal Power Projects), Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station, Kendriya Vidyalay Sanghatan, Indian Postal Department, etc.
- Conducted consultancy projects for UNDP and Fellowship programs for WHO Health executives.
- Introduction of Certified Programs on functioning of Stock Exchanges in collaboration with National Stock Exchange (NSE) (under process).
- Empanelling of Faculty as Partner Training Institution for capacity building with various public sector organizations viz. Power Finance Corporation etc. (under process).
- Business Incubation Centre under Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises (under process)