Vision, Mission and Objectives
The University was achieving another milestone towards materializing the dreams of its great founder, Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya when it started Post Graduate and doctoral programme in Management in the late 1960s, precisely in the year 1968. It started as a Department in the Faculty of Commerce. During the last four decades, the university churned out over 3000 bright and dynamic managers who are currently holding prestigious positions in reputed business organizations across the globe.
We are living in a world where management education is gaining momentum. Skills of professional management makes career oriented younger generation more confident and successful in achieving their career dreams. Organizations also require professional hands blended with management skills to carry out their future growth plans.
In the present scenario, at FMS, BHU, we understand that the responsibilities and challenges before management institutions in general and that of our Faculty, being one of the premier management institutions in the country in particular, are high. Keeping all these in view we have set a Vision, a Mission and objectives for the Faculty:
Today the University is known for its state-of-art campus, environment, academic standards, facilities, values and culture. In a recent survey conducted by India Today Nielsen (released in India Today, May 31, 2010 issue), BHU Ranked No. 1 University in India. Being a part of this great and magnificent University, housing unparalleled facilities and expertise of all kinds, the exposure and horizon of thinking of its students get enhanced.
The Faculty aspires to be one of the most admired Global Centres of Excellence committed to redefining the domain of Management Knowledge and developing socially sensitive leader-managers.
The mission of the Faculty of Management Studies is to cater to the needs of the business, industry and other vital sectors through quality education, research, consultancy and other professional services.
- To impart need based education to promising young talents aspiring to carve their careers in management.
- To enrich the field of management through research -both applied and conceptual, and quality publications.
- To enhance the decision making skills and the administrative competence of practising managers through MDPs and solve their specific problems through consultancy services.
- To enrich the knowledge and skills of teachers of various Management Institutes through Quality Improvement Programmes.
- To collaborate with the corporate and world class academic institutions for the furtherance of management education and research and also for bridging the line of divide.