| Area of specialization:
Electrochemistry, Nanomaterials : Electrochemical aspects (Deposition, corrosion) of metals, alloys, composites and
nanocomposites, their characterization using advanced techniques like XRD, SEM, TEM, AFM, VSM, etc and investigations on their physical properties i.e. electrical, mechanical, magnetic and thermal stability are being persued.
Projects Undertaken as PI/ Co PI:
ongoing- one CSIR; completed - nine for CSIR and UGC
Chaired few sessions in National and International Conferences in past two years. Reviewer of a dozen of reputed international journals.
List of 10 major Publications: (in order of importance)
1. Manoj Kumar Tripathi, D. K. Singh and V.B. Singh, “Microstructure and Properties of electrochemically deposited Ni-Fe/Si3N4 nanocomposites from a DMF bath.” J. Electrochem. Soc. 162, D87-D95 (2015).
2. Manoj Kumar Tripathi, V. B. Singh, Book chapter “Electrodeposition of Nickel-Molybdenum Alloys” in “Molybdenum and its Compounds: Applications, Electrochemical properties and Geological implications” Nova Publishers pp. 241-264 (2014).
3. V. B. Singh & D. K. Singh, “An Overview on the Preparation, Characterization and Properties of Metal Matrix Nanocomposites” Nanoscience & Technology, (In Press) (2014).
4. M. K. Tripathi, D. K. Singh and V. B. Singh, “Electrodeposition of Ni-Fe/BN nanocomposite coatings from a non aqueous bath and their characterization” Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 8, 3454 – 3471 (2013).
5. D.K. Singh, M.K. Tripathi and V.B. Singh, “Preparation of Ni-TiC nanocomposites by electrolytic codeposition from a non aqueous bath” J. Electrochem. Soc. 159(8), D469 (2012).
6. D. K. Singh and V. B. Singh, “Electrodeposition and characterization of Ni-TiC composite using N- methylformamide bath” Mater. Sci. Eng. A 532, 493 (2012).
7. Dhananjay K. Singh and V. B. Singh, “Electrodeposition of Ni-SiC composite from a non-aqueous bath,” J. Electrochem. Soc. 158, D114 (2011).
8. Monali Ray and V. B. Singh, “Effect of sulphuric acid on corrosion and passivation of 316SSin organic solution,” J. Electrochem. Soc. 158(11), C359 (2011).
9. V.B. Singh and Pinky Pandey, “Electrodeposition of nickel composites from water – diethanolamine bath”. Surf. Coat. Technol., 200, 4511 (2006).
10. V.B. Singh and Archana Gupta, “Active, passive and transpassive dissolution of In-718 alloy in acidic solutions”. Mater. Chem. Phys., 85, 12 (2004).
Full List of Publications: Total No. of Research publications 80 (eighty)