ORDINANCES, COURSES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR P.G. DIPLOMA (PART-TIME) COURSES
- One Year Post Graduate Diploma Courses shall be part time regular courses. The Banaras Hindu University may confer the P.G. Diploma on such candidates who, being eligible for admission to a Diploma Course, have received regular instructions in the prescribed courses of study, passed relevant examinations being otherwise suitable by virtue of their character, and have fulfilled such other conditions as may be laid down from time to time.
- Total intake - Maximum 60 students and minimum 20 students.
- Medium of Instructions and Examinations - English.
Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian University or equivalent degree from a Foreign University. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate. However, in the case of SC/ST candidates, there will be no requirement for minimum percentage of marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination except that they must have passed the qualifying examination. For OBC and PC candidates there will be a relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination in minimum eligibility requirements.
Note: Admissions shall be made strictly in order of merit which may be based on marks in the qualifying Examination / any other criteria as per the decision of concerned Faculty/ Department/ Centre. In case the aggregate percentage of the marks at the qualifying examination are equal then preference shall be given to a candidate who is senior in age.
Admission to the course shall be made on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility for the course.
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN NATIONALS
Application of foreign nationals nominated by the Govt. of India shall be entertained provided they fulfill the following conditions:
- That they fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
- That the applications of scholarship holding Foreign Nationals (Under various schemes) are routed through Indian Council for Cultural Relations Ministry of Human Resource & Development (Dept. of Education) Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- That they have valid Residential Permit/Student Visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned course.
- That the candidates submit certificate verified by the Ministry/Agencies to the effect that he/she has been subjected to AIDS test and found negative.
- That they have adequate knowledge of English and/or Hindi as per requirements of the course.
- That the degree/certificates of the candidates have been approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to the corresponding degrees/certificates of the AIU.
RESERVATION / WEIGHTAGES
- 15% Seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe and 27% for Other Backward Class candidates.
- The SC/ST/OBC candidates shall have to submit a certificate stating that the candidate belongs to SC/ST/ OBC. Such certificates shall be subject to verification from the concerned District Magistrate. The following are empowered to issue the Certificate -
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner /AddI. Deputy Commissioner /Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluke Magistrate/AddI. Chief Presidency Magistrate Presidency Magistrate.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands).
Candidates must note that certificate from any other person/ authority shall not be accepted in any case.
- General : Student on being formally admitted to the Diploma Course shall pay to the University the prescribed fees by the date appointed in this behalf.
- Enrolment : Every candidate, who is admitted for the first time in the Banaras Hindu University in any of its courses of study, shall pay the University Enrolment Fee of Rs. 2/- at the time of his !her first admission in the University.
- Admission Fee : Every candidate, who is admitted for the first time in the Law School in any of its courses of-study, shall pay the Law School Admission Fee of Rs . .6/- at the time of his/her first admission in the Law School.
- Tuition Fee : Candidates seeking First Admission shall also have to pay Special Fee (Rs.20, OOO/- per annum) in addition to the Normal Fees as prescribed by appropriate authorities from time to time.
- Games Fee :
Common Room Fee :
- The Game Fee payable shall be Rs. 12/- for each semester and shall be paid along with the first installments of the Tuition Fee of each semester.
- The Games Fee shall be credited to the Law School Athletic Association Fund and shall be utilized for such purpose concerned with sports, games, athletics, etc. as the executive body of the aforesaid Association may decide. Provided that such part of the Law School Athletic Association Fee as may be prescribed shall be transferred to the Banaras Hindu University Athletic Association.
Hostel Fee :
- The Common Room Fee shall be Rs. 50/- for each semester and shall be paid along with first installment of the Tuition Fee of each semester.
- The Common Room Fund shall be utilised for subscription of daily newspapers, magazines, legal periodicals and for such other purposes, including appointment of personnel therefore as the Course Coordinator may decide.
The Hostel Fee shall be payable as per University Rules decided from time to time.
Other Fees :
A student of the Law School shall have to pay following fees also at such time as determined by the University-
- Library Fee
- Medical Examination Fee
- Magazine Fee
- Transfer Certificate Fee
- Migration Certificate Fee
- Re-admission Fee
- Caution Money
- Any Other fees prescribed by the University from time to time.
Notwithstanding anything mentioned in the aforesaid Ordinances concerning fees, the amount of the fee chargeable under various heads shall be subject to variation made by the University from time to time.
CONSEQUENCES OF IRREGULAR APPEARANCE AT AND PASSING OF EXAMINATION:
- A student who pursues the course of studies of a second semester without passing examinations in respect of all the prescribed courses of study for the first semester shall not be eligible to receive any scholarship, or any other financial aid so long as he has not passed in all the relevant courses which entitle him to be in the second semester.
Provided that nothing in this clause shall prevent the Dean of the Law School from continuing any scholarship or free ship or granting any other financial aid where he is satisfied that candidate could not appear at the examination because of his/her prolong illness.
- A student shall not be entitled to receive any award, medal, prize or certificate of excellence unless she passes in all the prescribed courses of both the semesters in the first attempt.
- A student shall not be entitled to residential accommodation or any other facility during a period in excess of the minimum period prescribed for receiving instructions for the Diploma Course of Study ( i.e. two Semesters).