BHU Press & Publication Cell
Name of the Unit : BHU Press and Publication Cell
Phone : 0542-6701779
Professor-in-Charge : Prof. Narendra Verma, Dept. of Geography [ GAD Notification]
LIST OF STAFF IN BHU PRESS
1. Shri Narasingh Prasad : Section Officer 6701779
2. Dr. Rakesh Prasad Singh Sr. Assistant
3. Shri Rohit Anand : Sr. Clerk
4. Shri R.P. Singh : Ex.-Sr. Assistant
5. Shri Ramesh Bahadur Singh : Peon
6. Shri P. Hans : Peon
7. Shri Vireshwar Chatterjee : Contractual Peon
8. Shri Ramesh Kumar : Chowkidar
9. Shri Shambhoo Prasad : Chowkidar
10. Shri Brajesh Kumar Singh : Chowkidar
11. Shri Kailash Prasad : Composing Attendant
12. Shri Rupak Kumar Lahiry : Ex.-Composing Attendant
13. Shri Amresh Chandra Pandey : Proof Puller
CONTRACTUAL STAFF OF BHU PRESS
1. Shri Dina Nath Chaubey : DTP Operator
2. Shri Rajesh Kumar Tiwari : DTP Operator
3. Shri Anil Kumar Nandan : Compositor
4. Shri Arumoy Basu : Cameraman
5. Shri Raja Ram : Offsetman
6. Shri Lal Bahadur : Offsetman
7. Shri Lav Kush Singh : Offsetman
8. Shri Dinesh Kumar Singh : Screen Printer
9. Shri Prahlad Singh : Offsetman
10. Shri Kalicharan : Tradle Man
11. Shri Jagdish Chandra Maurya : Binder
12. Shri Shobh Nath : Binder
13. Shri Prem Shankar : Binder
14. Shri Atulendra Kumar : Offsetman
Brief write-up about the BHU Press & Publication Cell
Banaras Hindu University got the BHU Press set up in the year 1936 with an
initial contribution of Rs. 50,000/- made by Seth Jugal Kishore Birla. The
amount was utilized for purchasing the equipment and constructing the
building. The objectives of BHU Press are as under :
1. Printing and Binding works of all the departments of university
including books, journals, proceedings and prospectus etc.
2. Printing of prescribed forms and registers, its storing and supply.
3. Printing and publishing of university publications.
Present Status of Building, Staff and Machine
BHU Press and Publication Cell consists of two sub units - BHU Press &
Publication Cell. The primary objective of BHU Press as stated above is to
publish books, journals and stationery of the University, while Publication
Cell that has its Office and sales counter near the L.D. Guest House looks
after the job of selling University Publications. The BHU Press is situated
in the BHU Campus having its separate compound walls covering area of
80,000 sq. ft. The building is constructed with an underground store and is
covering an area of 25,000 sq. ft.
Presently, the BHU Press has a work force of 10 permanent, 02 re-engagement
office staff and 14 Contractual Staff are working against the vacant posts.
The BHU Press is equipped with 03 Letter Press Printing Machines &
Binding Machines, 03 Single Colour Offset Printing Machines, 01 Double
Colour Offset Printing Machine and 01 Mini Offset Printing Machine. During
the XII Plan it is proposed to purchase CTP and some other machines in
order to modernize the Press.
Department and Offices which send their work to the BHU Press
There are more than 200 departments (teaching, offices and units) of
university which send their printing and binding work to BHU Press. Some of
them are mentioned below :
* All the Institutes, Faculties, Teaching Departments, MMV, Central Hindu
School of Girls & Boys and IIT(BHU).
* Controller of Examination Office which conduct the regular examination
U.E.T., P.E.T., R.E.T., School Entrance Test (SET), B.A.M.S., M.D. &
* Convocation, Conferences, Seminars and other functions organized by the
* Central Office which consists of the offices of Vice-Chancellor,
Registrar, Finance Officer, Dean of Students and University Works
* Sports Board, Chief Proctor Office, PRO, Electric & Water Supply
* Hospital of 1000 beds, Student Health Care Complex, Staffs Health Care
* Directors, Coordinators, Investigators of different Research Project and
* Department of Panchang, Prajna and several other units.
Nature of Printing Works Done
There are various types of printing jobs sent by the different departments,
office of the university to BHU Press which vary in size, quantity and
quality. These are of the following nature :
* Books authored by Faculty members and Journals brought out by different
Department, Faculties & Professional Bodies.
* Examination Answer Books, Degree and Admit Cards.
* There are more than 150 prescribed forms and registers which are kept
ready and supplied to the Department, Offices and Hospital etc.
* Annual Reports, Annual Accounts, Hospital jobs and Identity Card for
students, staff and teachers.
* Souvenirs, Abstracts required for conferences and seminars etc. and work
related to convocations.
* Pamphlets, Folders, Invitation Cards, Posters, Letter Pad, Visiting Card,
Click to Download Old Document about this Unit