|Area of Specialisation: |
Population Geography, Resource Geography, Development Studies and Cartography.
Award/ recognitions/ International Fellow/ Membership:
Life Membership of: National Association of Geographers, India, Institute of Indian Geographers, Institute of Landscape, Ecology & Ekistics, Kolkata, Eastern Geographical Society, Bhubaneswar, Geographical Society of India, Calcutta, Geographical Society of North Eastern Hill Region, Shillong, National Geographical Society of India, BHU.
List of selected/ major publications (Max. 10; in perfect/full citation):
Sinha, B.R.K. 2003. Urban-Rural Differences in Human Resource Development in West
Bengal, India. Asian Profile, Vol. 31, No. 4, 2003, pp. 323-338, Asia's International
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2005. Human Migration: Concepts and Approaches. Foldrajzi Ertesito,
Geographical Bulletin, Vol. 3-4, pp. 403-414, Geographical Research Institute,
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2009. Health and Agricultural Sustainability in Developing Region.
Human Geographies, Journal of Studies and Research in Human Geographies, Vol. 3,
Issue 2, pp. 13-23, Department of Geography, Bucharest University, Romania.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2010. Working Conditions of Agricultural Workers: A Reflection of
Socio-Economic Status. Human Geographies, Journal of Studies and Research in
Human Geographies, Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp. 35-45, Department of Geography, Bucharest University, Romania.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2012. Dimensions of Human Resource Development: Concepts and
Approaches. Scientific Annals of Alexandru Ioan Cuza, University of Iasi, Geography
Series, Vol. 58, Issue 2, pp. 105-122, Romania.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2003. Variation in Health Pattern of the Rural People in a Segment of
Lower Ganga Plain. Foldrajzi Ertesito, Geographical Bulletin, Vol. 52, 1-2, pp. 49-61,
Geographical Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 1999. Urban-Rural Health Differential in Developing Regions; in, Urban-
Growth and Development in Asia - Vol. II.: Living in the Cities. Eds. Chapman, Graham
P., Dutta, Ashok K. and Bradnock, Robert W. pp. 287-291, Ashgate Publishing Ltd.,
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2012 Rural Human Resource Development in India: A Spatio-Temporal
Analysis. Facets of Social Geography: International and Indian Perspectives. Eds.
Dutt, Ashok K., Wadhwa, V., Thakur B. and Costa F. J., 2012. pp. 437-452,
Cambridge University Press India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2007. Rural Migration in Burdwan District, West Bengal. City, Society
and Planning, Vol. Two, Section III. Eds. Thakur, B., Pomeroy, G., Cusack C.,
Thakur, S.K., 2007) pp. 304-321, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi.
- Sinha, B.R.K. 2000 Variation in Education and Utilization Pattern of the Rural Labour
Resource in Lower Ganga Plain. Indian Journal of Landscape system and Ecological
Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, December 2000. pp. 49-58, Institute of Landscape, Ecology
and Ekistic, Calcutta.
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Studies and Research in human Geography, Bucarest, Romania; and Member of the International Board of Directors of Asian Urban Research Association (AURA) USA.