|NARAYANA PRUDHVI RAJU KOPPELLA
New A-105, Tyagraj Colony, B.H.U. Campus,
Varanasi, UP 221005.
Tel. 0542-2575078; Cell: 0-9935 346553.
| Academic Qualifications |
|S.No.||Degree|| Institution|| Year|
|i ||XII Class. ||S.Ch. B.R.M. Higher Secondary School, Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh ||1970|
|ii ||B.Sc. ||D.N.R. College, Bhimavaram (affiliated to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh) || 1973|
|iii ||M.Sc. ||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh ||1976|
|iv ||P.h.D. ||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh|| 1981|
|Area of Specialisation: |
Geomorphology, Remote Sensing and GIS
Project/s undertaken as PI/Co-PI
I. DST sponsored Project on "Sea level changes along the rocky east coast during Quaternary: A geomorphic explanation and significance" 1987-1889 (No.SP/YS/M02/86)- as PI.
II. CSIR sponsored Project on "Environmental impact assessment in Singrauli coal mining region and its management" 1995-98- as Co-PI.
I. Fellow and Life Member: Geological Society of India, Bangalore
II. Life Member: Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Dehradun, National Association of Geographers, India, New Delhi, Indian Institute of Geomorphologists, Allahabad Indian Institute of Geographers, Pune National Geographical Society of India, Varanasi
List of selected/ major publications (Max. 10; in perfect/full citation):
Prudhvi Raju, KN & Vaidyanadhan, R 1981. Fracture pattern study from Landsat Imagery and Aerial Photos of a part of the Eastern Ghats in Indian Peninsula. Journal Geological Society of India, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 17-21.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN & Vaidyanadhan, R 1984. Photo-Hydrogeomorphology of the Sarada river basin, Visakhapatnam district, A.P. Journal of Exploration Geophysics, vol. IV, no. 3, pp. 31-39.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN, Mahalaxmi, KB, Prasada Raju, PVSP, Krishna Bhagavan, SVB & Emmanuel, BD 1985. Geomorphic processes in the formation of (red) sands at Bhimunipatnam, Visakhapatnam district, A.P. Journal Geological Society of India, vol.26, no.5, pp.336-344.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN, Khan, AR & Ramesh, Y 1993, Sea levels along Visakhapatnam Coast: A Geomorphic Explanation. Journal Geological Society of India, vol.42 no.4, pp. 319-325.
- Vaidyanadhan, R & Prudhvi Raju, KN 2000. Geomorphology and Remote Sensing; in, Srinivasan, M.S. (ed.) Significant Contributions in Geo-Science Research in India during the Nineties. INSA Special Volume, pp. 9-18.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN, Kumar, S, Mohan, K & Pandey, MK 2008. Urban Cadastral Mapping using very High Resolution Remote Sensing Data. Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, vol. 36, pp. 283-288.
- Sumantha, D, Bishwajit C, Menezes, A, Siddaiah, MK, Govind, R, William, F, Davidas, KN, Yogesh, N, Prudhvi Raju, KN 2010. Morphology of the pockmarks along the western continental margin of India: Employing multi-beam bathymetry and backscatter data. Journal Marine and Petroleum Geology, vol. 27, pp. 2110-2117.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN & Meenal Mishra 2012, Remote Sensing Data Products and Formats; in, Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Geoinformatics. IGNOU Volume, pp. 250.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN 2013, Banaras Hindu University Campus: A pattern perfect in the labyrinth of Banaras. Journal of Landscape Architecture, no. 38, pp. 40-46.
- Prudhvi Raju, KN & Pandey, MK 2013. Varanasi: origin and growth from a geomorphic perspective; in, Jayaswal, Vidula (ed.) Varanasi: Myths and Scientific Studies. Aryan Books International, New Delhi, pp. 134-148.