|Area of Specialisation: |
Physical Geography, Remote Sensing and GIS.
List of major publications:
- Verma, N. 2009. The study of changes in the land use and land cover around Sidhi in Son River Valley using IRS I-A (LISS-II) satellite imagery- Conference Proceedings, 30th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing 2009, Beijing, China: pp 281-285.
- Verma, N. 2010. Geography and disaster management- Seminar Proceedings, International Seminar on Strategic Management of Energy Environment and Disaster for Sustainable Development, Department of Management Studies and Department of Geography, BHU, Varanasi: pp 500-507.
- Verma, N. 2010. Climate change, glacial recession in the Himalayas and its impact on the Indian economy; in, Singh, T.D. et.al. (ed.) Population, Development and Environment: A Contemporary Debate. Concept Publishing House, New Delhi: pp. 371-386.
- Verma, N. 2012. Disaster management in India, National Geographical Journal of India, 58(3): pp. 59-70.
- Dash, P., Aggarwal, S.P., Verma, N. 2013. Sub-basin scale hydrologic response assessment through morphometric analysis: A case study of Sirsa basin, western Himalaya, India. i-manager’s Journal on Civil Engineering (JCE), 3(1)
- Jaiswal, J., Verma, N. 2013. Land use change detection in Baragaon block, Varanasi district using remote sensing, International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, 2(7): pp. 49-53.
- Jaiswal, J., Verma, N. 2013. The study of Land-use/Land cover in Varanasi district using remote sensing and GIS, Transaction, 35(20): pp 201-208
- Dash, P., Aggarwal, S.P., Verma, N. 2013. Correlation based morphometric analysis to understand drainage basin evolution: A case study of Sirsa river basin, western Himalaya, India, Scientific Annals of Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University Of Iasi Tom Lix, Nr.1, S. Iic, Romania 29(1): pp. 35-58
- Dash, P., Aggarwal, S.P., Verma, N., Ghosh, S. 2013. Investigation of scale dependence and geomorphic stages of evolution through hypsometric analysis: A case study of Sirsa basin, western Himalaya, India, Geocarto International, Taylor and Francis Group, available online on http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10106049.2013.841772.
- Rathore, N.S., Verma, N. 2013. Impact of climate change in southern Rajasthan, Conference Proceedings, 5th International Conference on Water Resource and Arid Environment 2013, Riyad, Saudi Arabia: pp. 201-208
- Jaiswal, J., Verma, N. 2014. Assessment of artificial groundwater recharge structure based on surface spreading technique using remote sensing and GIS: A micro-level study in Baragaon Block, Varanasi District, Journal of Geo-Environment Observer, Siliguri, 3(1): pp. 3-9
Completed 3months training in Geospatial Technology & Applications at National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC), Hyderabad from 3rd June 2013 - 23rd August 2013.