B.38/47C-6, Motijheel, Mahmoreganj, Varanasi-221010.
Phone: 05422360896(R), 05426701382(C), 9450950874(M)
E Mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Area of Specialisation: |
Applied Geography: Hydrology, Environmental Studies, Remote Sensing and GIS
Award/ recognitions/ International Fellow/ Membership
CSIR Research Fellow, Life member: NAGI and NGSI
List of selected/ major publications (Max. 10; in perfect/full citation):
1."Rural Drinking Water Problem in Drought Prone Area of Varanasi District'' in N.B.K. Reddy, ed. Proceedings of the All India Symposium on Drought Prone Area of India. Tirupati. S.V.G.S. Publi., Tirupati, (1979), pp. 391-396.
2. "Ground Water Resource Of Varanasi District. India: An Assessment of Conditions, Use and Quality", National Geog. Jl. of India. Vol. 26, Pt. 3-4 (1980), pp. 81-93.
3. "Problem of Ganga Water Pollution in Varanasi: A Study Of Environmental Planning" With B.D. Tripathi & R.P.B. Singh, in R.S. Ambast & H.N. Pandey (ed.), Proceedings of Silver Jubilee Symposium on Tropical Ecology, (1981), pp. 203-205.
4.a *"Rural Water Supply and the Problem of Health in Village India: Case of the Varanasi District", with R.P.B. Singh; in Shogo Yuihama & R.P.B. Singh, eds. Changing Scene of Rural Habitat in Developing Countries, 24th IGU Congress Proceedings of Okayama, Japan,(1980), pp. 95-100.
4.b the above paper 4a also published in Geographia Medica, International Jl. on Geography of Health, Budapest (1981), pp. 65-85.
5. "Drinking Water Problem in Rural Area of Varanasi District," The Journal of Scientific Research. Vol. 30, No.2, (1980), pp. 201-211.
6. "Rural Water Supply and Related Problems In Variance District," with S.L. Kayastha, The National Geographer, Vol. 18, No. 1, (1983), pp.78-86.
7. *"Planning the Rural Water Supply In India: A case Study of Varanasi District", Environmental Appraisal and Rural Habitat Transformation, 25th IGU Paris Volume (1984), pp. 77-90.
8. "Assessment of ground water resources: A case study of Shankargarh block, Allahabad district, U.P., The Jl. of Scientific Research. Vol. 34, No. 1, (1984), pp. 271-280.
9. "Irrigation Water requirement for Cultivable Land in Varanasi Distt.: An Analysis of Suitability and Effect on Land use''. National geographical Jl. of India, Vol. 31,Pt. 3, (1985), pp. 217-227.
10. "Planning and Management of Rural Water Supply in Varanasi District, U.P." Rural Integration. Vol. 4, No.7 & 8 (1985), pp.95-110.
11. "Assessment of Water resource, its Utilization and Planning, Proceedings of Eight Orientation Course. Jan. 2 to 27, (1990) B.H.U. Varanasi. pp. 131-137.
12. "Municipal Solid Waste Management: A Study of Ghaziabad, with B.K.S. Yadav, in the Journal of Scientific Research. Vol. 46, (1996), pp. 85-96.
13. "Ghaziabad City: Noise Pollution & its Effect on Human Health", National Geographical Journal of India, Vol. 42, No.3- 4, (1996), pp.72-78.
14. "Solute dispersion along unsteady groundwater flow in a semi infinite aquifer with N. Kumar and M. Kumar; in Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 1, (1997), pp. 93-100.
15. "Industrial pollution in Ghaziabad City, with B.K.S. Yadav; in the Journal of Scientific Research. Vol.48, (1998), pp. 69-84.
16. "Socio-Economic Condition of slum Dwellers in Ghaziabad City", National Geographical Journal of India, Vol.44, Pt. 1-4, (1998), pp. 162-172.
17. "Environmental pollution and Human Health: Ghaziabad City" with B.K.S. Yadav; in Indian Journal of Landscape System and Ecological Studies, Vol. 23, No. 1 (2000), pp. 92-102.
18. "Mathematical Model for Statistical Processing of GIS", National Geographical Journal of India, Vol.49, Pt. 3, (2003), pp. 41-50.
19. " Man Made Lake and Human Health Around G. B. Pant Reservoir, Sonbhadra, India", National Geographical Journal of India, Vol.50, Pt. 1-2, (2004), pp.60-71.
20. "Flood Forecasting: A Unit Hydrograph Approach", Proceedings of 2nd Refresher Course in Geography, (2005), pp. 43-45.
21. "Model of Constructing a GPS Data Base", in S. R. S. Yadav and D. R. Ram eds. Application of GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing in Development of Planning and Management, Dept. of Science and Tech. New Delhi, (2005), pp.85-87.
22. "A model of Terrain Evaluation on GPS Data Base", in S.R.S. Yadav and D. R. Ram eds. Application of GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing in Development of Planning and Management, Dept. of Science and Tech. New Delhi, (2005), pp.88-93.
23. "Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing for Precision Agriculture: An Interactive Approach", Map India 2006: 9th Annual International conference and Exhibition on Geographical Information Science, Technology and Application, New Delhi, (2006), p.8.
24. "Water Resources of Chandauli District: Some Suggestions on Present Scenareo", Uttar Bharat Bhoogol Patrika, Vol.38,No.3, (2008), pp. 165-170.
25. "A Geographical of Tribals of Jharkhand State", The North Indian Geographical Journal, Vol. 39, No.3,(2009), pp. 58-68.
25. " Human Responses to Noise Pollution: A Case Study of Varanasi City", National Geographical Journal Of India, Vol.55, Pt.2, (2009), pp. 79-92.
26. "Decadal Change of Major Occupational Structure of Population in Varanasi District: A Geographical Study, Uttar Bharat Bhoogol Patrika, Vol.39,No.1, (2009), pp. 47-52.
28. "A Geo-Cultural Study of Bodh Gaya Tourist Place", Uttar Bharat Bhoogol Patrika, Vol.39,No.2, (2009), pp. 56- 62.
29. "Urban Environmental Degradation: A Study of Air Pollution in Ghaziabad", Population, Environment and Development, Ed. BRK Sinha, New Century Pub., New Delhi, (2009), pp. 170-184.
30. "Ground Water Management in Chandauli District (UP): A Case Study", National Geographical Journal of India, Vol.56, Pt.3-4, (2010), pp. 93-100.
31. "Urban Environmental Degradation: A Study in Air Pollution", in P. R. Sharma, R.S. Yadav and V.N. Sharma ed., Interdisciplinary Advances in Environmental and Earth Science, (2013), RK Books, New Delhi, pp. 333-349.
32. "Housing conditions, Housing Stocks and Housing Shortage in Uttar Pradesh: An Inter district Analysis", National Geographical Journal of India, Vol.59, Pt.1, (2013), pp. 31-52.
33. "Evaluation of Ground Water Resources of Son River Basin Using Remote Sensing and GIS Technique" In: Farasat Ali Siddiqui (ed) Population Dynamism and Resource Utilisation: Geo- Informatics and Resource Dynamics, Academic Publications, New Delhi, (2015), pp. 204-12.
Additional information/ Achievements:
Experience in Educational Administration :
(i) Worked as Proctor from 1989 to 1999 and also 2001 to 2004.