|SHIV PUJAN MISHRA|
B-31, Ashokpuram Colony, Dafi, B.H.U, Varanasi, UP 221005.
Ph: 0542-2366407. 0542-6701538 (O). Cell: 0-9450 960110.
|Area of Specialisation: |
Applied Geomorphology, Remote Sensing and GIS, Rural Development
Project/s undertaken as PI
(i) UGC Major Research Project (08 June, 1994 - 07 June, 1997)
(ii) ICSSR Major Research Project (09 June, 1998 - 08 June, 2000)
List of selected/ major publications (Max. 10; in perfect/full citation):
i) Mishra, S.P. 1985. Integrated Rural Area Development and Planning in Kerakat Tahsil. Distract Jaunpur, U.P.. Ratan Publication, Varanasi.
ii) Sharma, P. R. (ed.) and Mishra, S.P. (assoc. ed) 1993. Applied Geomorphology in the Tropics (Financed by International Development Research Centre, Canada), Rishi Publication, Varanasi.
1. Kayastha,S.L and Mishra, S.P. 1981. A Methodological approach to identify the functional hierarchy of rural settlement: a case study of Kerakat Tahsil (Jaunpur) in Middle Ganga Plain in L.R. Singh (Ed.) New Perspectives in Geography, Thinker's Library, Allahabad: pp. 123-133.
2. Mishra, S.P. 1988. Agricultural productivity and its spatial variation in Eastern Uttar Pradesh. National Geographical Journal of India, 34(2): pp. 113-125.
3. Mishra, S.P. 1993. Remote sensing in hydrogeomorphological investigation in Part of Western Haryana; in Sharma, P. R.(ed.) and Mishra, S.P. (assoc. ed) Applied Geomorphology in the Tropics. Rishi Publications, Varanasi: pp. 151-159.
4. Mishra, S.P. 1997. Landform evaluation through integrated remote sensing methods: A case study. Indian Journal of Landscape Systems and Ecological Studies, 20 (1): pp. 136-141.
5. Mishra, S.P. 1998. Remote sensing in erosion surveys: an approach to regional disparity measure through land resource assessment; in Misra, H.N. and Singh, Vijay P. (eds.) Research Methodology in Geography: Social, Spatial and Policy Dimension. Rawat Publications, Jaipur : pp. 194-206.
6. Mishra, S.P. 1999. Land use / land cover mapping based on remote sensing techniques: A case study of Varanasi – Mirzapur Districts. National Geographical Journal of India, 45 (1-4): pp. 145-156.
7. Mishra, S.P. 2003. Hydrogeomorphological characteristics of Karmanasha Basin, Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Indian Geographical Journal, 78(1): pp. 13-26.
9. Mishra, S.P. 2006. Regional geomorphic features and their significance in ground water resources inventory using remote sensing. National Geographical Journal of India. 52 (1-2): pp.33 -50.
10. Mishra, S.P. 2008. Development of spatial data infrastructure: remote sensing and GIS integration approach. National Geographer.43 (1-2): pp 143-151.
11. Mishra, S.P., Yadav, Sangita and Prasad, K. 2009. Geomorphic Features and their Impact on Ground Water in Mirzapur District, Uttar Pradesh, National Geographical Journal of India, Vol 55, No- 2 : pp. 53-64.
12. Kavita Mishra, V.K.Kumra and Mishra, S.P. 2009. Morphometric analysis and prioritization of micro – sub watersheds in Chandraprabha Basin, Annals of National Association of Geographers, India, Vol XXIX, No. 2 : pp 11-31.h
13. Sarkar, S. and Mishra, S.P. 2010. Land use/ land cover mapping using DIP Techniques: a case study. Indian Journal of Landscape Systems and Ecological Studies, 33 (2): pp. 151-158.
14. Mishra, S.P. and Sarkar,S.2013. Agricultural productivity and level of agricultural development in Chandauli District, U.P., National Geographical Journal of India, 59(2): pp.51- 62.
15. Mishra,S.P.and Mishra,Kavita,2014. Geomorphic mapping in land resource management: A case study, in Misra, H.N. ( ed), Managing Natural Resources: Focus on Land and Water, PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi, Chapter -11: pp 157 – 170.
Major Research Project
Principal Investigator: Dr S.P.Mishra, Department Of Geography
i) Remote Sensing Application for Geomorphological Investigation and Regional Resource Inventory in Varanasi – Mirzapur Districts ( UP), Sponsoring Authority: University Grants Commission, New Delh, 1994 -- 1997
ii) Dimensions of Socio - economic Structure and Cultural Development of Scheduled Castes Population in Kashi Vidyapeeth Block, Varanasi District : A Geographical Analysis, Sponsoring Authority: Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi, 1998 - 2000