Dr. Tara Singh
Professor & Head|
New G-15 Hyderabad Colony, BHU, Varanasi
|Sl. No.|| Degree|| Institution|| Year|
|1 ||P. G.|| Banaras Hindu University ||1981|
|2 ||Ph.D.|| Banaras Hindu University ||1988|
|3 ||UGC Post-doctoral Research|| Barkatullah University, Bhopal ||1990-92|
A. Teaching experience (in years) : 23 Years
B. Areas of specialization : Neuropsychology, Cognitive Psychology,
Health psychology, Research Methods.
C. Number of M. Phil/Ph. D supervised : M.Phil. 20; Ph.D. 6
D. Number of publications (National/International) : 45
E. Major publications (Maximum five publications in detail
1. Ayoob, M., & Singh, T. (2011). Length of stay, acculturative stress, and health among Kashmiri students in Central India. Pakistan Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 9(1), 11-15.
2. Singh, T., & Khan, R.F. (2009). Predicting treatment adherence among tuberculosis patients. In S. Ojha, U.R. Srivastava and S. Joshi (Eds.), Health and well-being: Some emerging trends (pp. 371-395). New Delhi: Global Vision Publishing House.
3. Singh, T., & Athavale, V. (2008). Constructivist perspective on technical and vocational education. Alatoo Academic Studies (An International Scientific Journal), 3(2), 21-33.
4. Singh, T. (2008). Disease severity, coping and quality of life of cardiovascular patients. Psychological Studies, 54(3-4).
5. Singh, T. (2008). Towards culture-inclusive environmental psychology in India. IAPS Bulletin, 34 (Special Issue), 20-23.
F. Research projects
1. A study into problems of dyslexic children and their rehabilitation (Conducted as postdoctoral research fellow), University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
2. Motivating disadvantaged children for achievement (NCERT, New Delhi )
3. Communities and regions overcoming ecological crisis. Collaborative project sponsored by Shastri-Indo Canadian Institute (Participants Universities: Barkatullah University, Bhopal; Simon Fraser University and University of British Columbia, Canada).
4. Orienting attentional network in vigilance: An empirical evidence (ongoing).
5. Two distinct mechanisms of attention and consciousness (submitted to DST, New Delhi for funding)
6. Attentional Network System in Persons with Alzheimer?s Disease and Healthy Aging (submitted to DST, New Delhi for funding)
G. Conference/symposia/seminars attended : 25
H. Courses and papers taught
Neuropsychology, Health psychology, Environmental psychology, Rehabilitation psychology, Human factors, Human assessment, Research methods and statistics, Cognitive psychology, Clinical Psychology, Counseling and psychotherapy, Cross-cultural psychology, Theoretical Psychology.
I. Academic/ professional membership
1. International Association of People-Environment Studies (IAPS), France
2. Eco-Ethics International Union (EEIU), Germany.
3. Psycholinguistic Association of India (PLAI), India
J. Administrative responsibilities held: Warden, Boys Hostel
K. Honors and awards received
1. Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowship (2004-2005). Awarded by ACU and British Council, UK. Worked at Department of Psychology University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK.
2. UGC Postdoctoral Research Associateship (1990-1992) on Problems of Dyslexic Children and their Rehabilitation at Department of Psychology, Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
3. Indo-French Social Scientists Visiting Fellowship (2008) under the Indo-French Social Scientists Exchange Programme at Laboratory of Environmental Psychology, University of Paris-5 and fondation maison des sciences de l?homme, Paris, France.